Create and Share a Video Story
Leftstuff.com is our partner in helping people with dementia to record their own video stories of living with dementia. Leftstuff.com simplifies the process of recording and downloading a video. While you will be provided with guides to help you think about what you’d like to say in your story, or you can add your own prompts. Leftstuff automatically edits your video as well!
How to get started with your video story:
- You will need to use a computer with a webcam in order to record a video on Leftstuff.com.
- There is no cost to create your video story. You will need to open an account, but that’s just so that the folks at LeftStuff can file your video away safely.
- You can stop and start your video at any time, and even logout and return again later.
How to share your video:
After recording your video on Leftstuff.com, the program gives you the option to:
- Download the video to your computer.
- Email it to someone. If you’d like to share your video on the My Dementia Story Facebook page, email your video to Laura at email@example.com.
- Share it on Facebook. This is to share it to your own Facebook page.
Mindset Centre for Living with Dementia will obtain your consent prior to publicly posting your video on My Dementia Story or on YouTube.